Mrs Hill is our TALA Practitioner
What is TALA – TALA stands for Therapeutic Active Listening Assistant.
- How can TALA help my child?
- It’s a safe place to talk
- It helps children to talk
- It helps children to feel better about themselves
- It helps children to recognise and enable correct “choices”
- It helps children to look at things differently
- It can help to explore and deal with emotional issues
- It builds trust and security with continued support
What happens in the sessions?
- The child has a regular weekly 1:1 slot of 45 – 60 minutes
- The child has a regular weekly sessions for 6 week cycles (these can be continued after appropriate review from TALA practitioner and discussion with class teacher/parent.
- The child leads the session
- The TALA practitioner carefully plans the next session based on what came out in discussion from the previous session but great emphasis is put on the session being child led.
- The sessions are very relaxed and confidential
- The sessions will be held in a quiet room with play based materials.
- TALA practitioners have been specially trained to offer children a safe and supportive environment to talk about issues in confidence
- TALA practitioners listen to children’s views and do not judge
- TALA practitioners have regular support meetings with Educational Psychologists and counsellors.
- TALA practitioners care and want to make a difference to children’s lives.