Parent Support Advisor
My name is Sophie Benton and I am the Parent Support Advisor for the Fleet school’s cluster. I am based at Calthorpe Park school and will be working with the majority of Fleet schools (Infant, Junior and Secondary).
I can offer non-judgmental and confidential support and advice, or simply just to chat.
My background is in education and youth work and I am also a mum of two children, so I understand some of the challenges parents face.
As a P.S.A (Parent Support Advisor) my support focuses on the needs of the family. This may include:
- Parental/family concerns
- School avoidance/attendance
- Behaviour Management
- Understanding and supporting emotional concerns.
- Supporting education
- Transition (moving) through schools
- Emotional well-being
- Parent confidence building
- Healthy Routines
- Separated parenting
- Child/Parent relationship Breakdown
Parent Support Advisors give support to families in many different ways including:
- One-to-one family support
- Sign-posting to local services
- Speaking on your behalf
- Referring to parenting courses
- Referring to Family and Adult Learning courses
- Opportunities to meet with other parents
Parents can be referred by their school or can self-refer to me directly.
Email : email@example.com
Tel: (Reception) 01252 613483