Learning Support Assistant
Closing Date: Monday 12th July
Interview Date(s): Thursday 15th July
Job Start Date: 2nd September 2021
Contract/Hours: Permanent 26.25hrs per week (8.30-1.45pm including lunchtime supervisor. A temporary increase in hours for the Autumn term 2021 to 30hrs per week 8.30am-3.10pm)
Salary Type: Support Staff
Salary Details: B Grade
Location of Role: Tweseldown Infant School
We are looking to appoint a friendly and caring person to join our team of Learning Support Assistants.
We are looking for someone to work in partnership with the class teacher who:
- enjoys working with children
- is an excellent team player
- has a positive outlook on life with a good sense of humour
- is organised and able to work independently
- has competence in Literacy and Numeracy
- has relevant school based experience
- wants to make a difference to young people’s lives
Your responsibilities will include:
- supporting children of different abilities in their learning
- working 1-1 with children who need additional programmes of learning
- working with small groups of children to develop their learning
- preparing and organising resources including administrative classroom tasks
- being a lunchtime supervisor, helping with cutting up food, opening packages, basic first aid administration and playing with children outside
Training and induction will be provided.
A job description, person specification and application form is available from the main school office.
Tweseldown Infant School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Criminal Records Bureau checks along with other relevant employment checks.